Questions relative to Customer Relationship Management are presented hereafter:
FAQ’s relative to CRM
1) How can I contact Colibrys Relationship Management ?
You can simply use the following e-mail address to contact colibrys’ CRM: [email protected]
or call Colibrys switch board: +41 58 100 5000
2) How can I get a quotation or place an order?
All the important addresses, e-mail and phone numbers to reach Qinpex direct contacts or Qinpex distributors are directly available on our website.
3) What are Colibrys Terms & Conditions?
All Colibrys prices are in Swiss francs unless differently specified and are FCA Yverdon-les-Bains (Incoterms 2010). Payment terms are 30 days at reception of the invoice. The complete T&C’s are available on request. Do not hesitate to contact us through the General Inquiries page.
Questions relative to QUality Management are presented hereafter:
FAQ’s relative to Quality
1) How can I get a copy of your certificate?
Colibrys is certified ISO 9001 : 2008, ISO 14001 : 2004 and OHSAS 18001 : 2007. You can find a copy of the certificates in French and English on our website.
2) Are your products RoHS compliant?
All Colibrys accelerometers are RoHS compliant. A dedicate certificate is available for download
Colibrys RoHS Certificate (PDF 35KB)
3) In case of need, how do I return a product to Colibrys?
The RMA (Return Material Authorization) procedure is quite simple. In case of need, a request for RMA has to be filled and submitted (paper version or soon directly online on our web). This demand is addressed directly to Colibrys for direct customers and to their distributors if products have been acquired through our distribution network. Upon reception of the demand accompanied by a short technical description, a RMA authorization number will be delivered to ensure a full traceability of the return.
Technical questions are classified in three categories:
FAQ’s relative to Product Selection & Specification
1) Where can I find latest datasheets of Colibrys MEMS accelerometers?
The latest and valid versions of Colibrys datasheets are available online on this website. Click on the motion sensorspage to access the product range and specific families of products. Datasheets are available in PDF formats.
2) How can I select the right product for my application?
3) What are the comparative advantages of the Colibrys accelerometers?
Colibrys accelerometers are based on a bulk silicon MEMS technology with an hybrid assembly configuration (sensor and electronic separated). This configuration is offering the best possible performances compared to surface micro machining approach or combined assembly solution (sensor and electronic on the same chip). Advanced assembly techniques and hermetic ceramic packaging have been selected to insure best in class performance of MEMS capacitive accelerometers
4) Do you manufacture everything in house?
Colibrys accelerometers are Swiss made products. The development, design and manufacturing of the MEMS element is fully done in Switzerland. The assembly and test of the products are performed either in Switzerland or in our assembly facility in Thailand. All products are sold and delivered from Switzerland with a Swiss origin.
5) How do you qualify the “One Year Stability” of your parameters (i.e. bias, scale factor…)?
Colibrys is one of the only MEMS supplier specifying this parameter. A standard qualification process simulating one year of life has been developed and is systematically used to qualify our various families of products. This process, described briefly on the datasheet is the succession of events (electrical, temperature, vibration, shock) potentially impacting the stability. The variation of bias parameter at the end of the lifing process compared to the initial value represents the “One Year Bias Stability” performance.
FAQ’s relative to Product Integration
1) Where can I find information relative to packaging and assembly process?
The precise packaging dimensions are directly available on each product’s datasheet. A majority of the Colibrys products are produced on LCC20 or LCC48 ceramic packages. Some assembly process and soldering conditions can be found as example on the technical note named “LCC mounting and soldering conditions” directly available on our web.
2) What recommendation do you have regarding the handling of the products?
Colibrys accelerometers are extremely reliable under harsh environments and can survive shocks up to 6000g in standard versions and even much higher with the high shock models (HS8000). Anyway, the hermetic lid assembly is realized with a glass frit sealing, which is relatively fragile to direct impact and to thermal shocks. Therefore, it is mandatory to treat the products carefully during transportation and handling prior their assembly on PCB. A direct shock on the glass sealing can affect the hermeticity as well as the lid integrity and consequently product performances.
3) What should we clearly avoid during the product integration?
Ultrasonic cleaning is totally prohibited. The frequencies used during this process are close to some resonant frequencies of the sensors and can permanently destroy the products.
4) What is the meaning of “proximity effect” on the datasheet (physical specifications)?
Colibrys MEMS accelerometers are capacitive products, sensitive to external parasitic effects induced by the near environment. Therefore, to insure the best performances of the product, it is very important to insure stable electrostatic environment over time. (i.e. variation of a magnetic field, parasitic capacitor due to a moving ferromagnetic element in a short range, cross talk due to proximity of two sensors).
FAQ’s relative tp Failure Modes
1) What is the effect of an ultrasonic cleaning on the parts?
Ultrasonic cleaning is totally prohibited. The frequencies used during this process are close to some resonant frequencies of the accelerometers and can permanently destroy the products
2) How can ESD impact the product?
Inadequate handling with insufficient ESD protection can permanently degrade the performances of the sensor. Internal microcontroller or LM20 temperature sensors are more sensitive to ESD than dedicated ASIC.
3) What is the consequence of a mechanical impact on the glass frit lid sealing?
The glass frit ensures the maintain of the lid as well as the hermeticity of the cavity. An impact on the glass can detach the lid (total failure) or generate cracks that can affect the hermeticity. Non hermeticity impacts reliability (humidity in the cavity) and the stability performances (i.e. long term bias over temperature).
4) In case it does happen, how can I suspect or detect a permanent failure?
Three main permanent failures can be found:
– Under extreme environmental conditions (shock, drop…), the proof mass of the sensor can be broken. The consequence is generally translated by an output voltage at +VDD or major instabilities (few volts) of the output signal.
– Through inappropriate handling, a wire bond, connecting the sensor to the ASIC can be broken: The consequence is generally an output voltage at +VDD.
– In case of reverse voltage, the LM20 temperature sensor and/or the output buffer of the ASIC are the most sensitive. The consequence is generally an output voltage to 0V despite a correct VAGND signal.